FIVE NATURAL LIP BALMS TO NOURISH COLD CHAPPED LIPS. Even though the Winter chill has not effected some of us yet, it is better to be safe than sorry. Get your lip balm now, so you can protect your lips against the elements. I have five all-natural lip balms that are to die for and reasonably priced.
WHY GO NATURAL?
Think about it…our skin is our biggest organ. Whatever we put on our skin, it gets absorbed by our skin. Even more, we are putting it on our lips…right by our mouths. YOWSERS!
These lip balms are so pure I use one of them on my daughter. My 11 month old has chapped lips from time to time and she likes to feel like she’s a big girl using mommy’s lip stuff.
Here’s the list:
- Lush Cosmetics Lip Balm in Honey Trap ($7.95): I love the scent and emolliency of this shea butter and honey lip balm. It has a pleasant taste that will leave sweet kisses for your mate. CON: It’s in a tin, so if you’re not a fan of dipping your finger this is not the balm for you.
- Shea Yeleen Lip Balm Trio Pack ($8.00): This lip balm is shea butter based and glides on silky smooth. My favorite scent is Apple, which is more like apple pie! CON: The only thing I noticed is the Coconut Peach scent only smells like coconut with no trace of peach.
- SW Basic Lip Balm in Cinnamon ($4.00): Out of all of these lip balms this is the smoothest, creamiest and emollient. It is made with organic coco butter and I absolutely love it! I apply it first thing in the morning right after I wash my face. It gets my lips ready for my lipgloss. CON: I’m not a fan of cinnamon, I would have preferred a different scent or no scent at all. But the scent will not prevent me from using this balm.
- Dr. Lipp Nipple Balm for Lips ($16.50): There are some balms that are for day time and others for night. This is a wonderful night time lip balm made with 100% lanolin. It is quite thick and will condition your lips perfectly while you sleep. There is no scent and a little goes a looooooooong way! If you prefer to not wear lip glosses or lipsticks, this is a great alternative, because you do get a bit of shine. CON: It’s for nipples. That’s the best I could come up with.
- Origins Soothing Lip Saver ($13.50): The key ingredients in this saver is shea butter and menthol. It has a refreshing herbal zing with a touch of mint. It will leave your lips smooth and kiss friendly. CON: It comes out white, but with a little effort it has a clear finish.
All of the lip balms listed above are near and dear to my heart. If I had to chose only one, I really don’t know which one would be my choice. What’s your favorite all natural lip balm?
If you are interested in DIY lip balm, I am posting an easy yet effective DIY recipe on my Facebook page on Saturday. Be sure to check me out there!