WAYS TO BEAUTIFY WITH GREEN TEA. Green tea is subtle and yet a very powerful ally in the wonderful world of beauty. We all know that it is a great antioxidant and metabolism booster. But did you know there are a few other ways you can use green tea to really maximize the beauty benefits.
SKIN BENEFITS OF GREEN TEA
- Treats acne
- Skin purifier & detoxifier
- Rich in Vitamin B & E
- Invigorates skin & hair
BEAUTY HACKS WITH GREEN TEA
- UNDER EYE PICK ME UP: Best for minimizing puffiness and brighten dark under eye circles. Recipe: 2 used green bags or 1/4 teaspoon Matcha, 1/2 lemon. Directions: Take used tea bags and soak in lemon juice place under eyes. If you chose Matcha, mix with lemon juice into a paste and apply under eyes. Let dry and then rinse with warm water. Do not get mixtures in your eyes.
- SOOTHING TONIC: Best for treating acne, sun damage and sunburns. Recipe: 2oz green tea, 1oz witch hazel, 1oz aloe vera, 1-2 drops of tea tree oil, 203 drops of lavender essential oil. Directions: Make a cup of green tea and let the tea cool to room temp. Add with hazel and aloe very and 1-2 drops of tea tree oil. Add a few drops of lavender essential oil. After cleansing your face, simply wipe it down with a cotton ball soaked in your tonic or mist tonic on face withs spritz bottle. Anti-aging Toner Recipe: Boil rose water and add a green tea bag. Let cool. Our into a spritz and use on freshly washed face. Be sure to refrigerate both toners.
- HAIR CLARIFIER: Best for clarifying, conditioning and making hair shiny. Green tea prevents split ends and treats dandruff. Directions: Simply boil a few tea bags and allow the tea to cool. After washing your hair, pour the cooled tea over your hair as a conditioner.
- ACNE ZAPPER: Best for acne annihilation, getting clean & clear skin. For an easy hack, add cooled green tea to your facial wash to increase acne zapping benefits. Green Tea Mask Recipe: Mix 2 Tbsp of honey and green tea. Add drops of green tea until making a paste. Apply mask to face and leave on for 5-7 minutes. Rinse with warm water.
- SKIN EXFOLIATOR: Best for gentle removal of dead skin. Recipe: 1 tea bag, 3 teaspoons of plain yogurt. Directions: Use dry green tea leaves with 3 teaspoons of plain yogurt for an intense exfoliation and gently scrub in a circular motion.
Besides these amazing skin hacks, keep in mind the excellent internal bennies you reap simply by drinking a cup of hot green tea daily. This is definitely a beauty hack worth keeping in your kitchen. What’s your favorite Green Tea hack?