THREE WAYS TO LOOK YOUNGER. We are all obsessed on how to look younger and defy the aging process. There are three key areas some of us take for granted, but are the main ways to tell your age. With a few simple tips, you can shed years off of your appearance.
DON’T NEGLECT THE NECK
How many of us focus so hard on anti-aging serums and moisturizers and only apply these items to our face. It is important to tend to your neck and décolletage as well. If not, you will have a youthful face with a wrinkled neck.
THE WINDOWS TO YOUR SOUL
Tiny fine lines in the corner of our eyes, we all know as crows feet, haunt the best of us. Crows feet can be hereditary, but there are a few things we all can do to soften or prevent the appearance.
LET’S SHAKE ON IT
Think about it… we are rough with our hands. We are always using them for the most part doing our hair, washing dishes or applying hand sanitizer. There is always something going on with our hands. I don’t know about you, but I know I take my hands for granted.
Here are a few tips to turn back the clock:
- Exfoliate as often as you exfoliate your face. Shedding away dead skin cells helps with cellular turnover. Depending on your skin type you should exfoliate 1-2 times a week.
- Moisturize. Especially at night with an oil such as One Love Organics Vitamin C Skin Brightening Serum.
- Apply SPF not only to your face, but to you neck as well.
- Nothing will make your wrinkles more pronounced than dry skin. Applying a great emollient eye cream at night will help with filling the fine lines.
- Less is more when it comes to makeup application. Around the eyes, apply a light concealer or foundation so makeup doesn’t settle in the creases or fine line. This will only make your eyes look older. A great concealer is Tarte Maracuja Creaseless Concealer.
- Gentle exfoliation. Using a sonic care exfoliation brush daily will smooth away fine lines.
- Exfoliate with a gentle sugar scrub nightly to soften hands and remove dead skin cells.
- After exfoliation, be sure to moisturize with coconut oil or L’Occitane Hand Cream in Pivione Flora.
- For even more of a youthful glow, use a masque. You can soften hands with a paraffin treatment or intense moisturizing hand masque.
Our skin is our biggest organ and first line of defense. We have to be kind to our skin. The key steps to prolong aging is exfoliation and moisturizing. The most important step is being on the preventive side versus correction. It doesn’t matter if you are 20, 30, or 40. Proper care of these three tell tell areas will keep you feeling youthful longer.