There was a time when finding a non-toxic nail polish was super difficult. The ones that did exist were 3 FREE and had very basic colors, which did not necessarily appeal to the masses. Now, there is a mass variety of polishes at various price points that come in amazing bright & vivid colors. There are some brands that have pushed the spectrum and now offer 8 FREE nail polishes (even 9 FREE). Just in case you are not aware of what 5 FREE or 8 FREE means, here is a breakdown.
5 FREE NAIL POLISHES
It means that the nail polishes are made without the 3 common chemicals, which are Toluene, Dibutyl Phthalate (DBP) and Formaldehyde. Plus, the are two additional chemicals removed from the recipe, which are very dangerous chemicals (Formaldehyde Resin and Camphor).
8 FREE NAIL POLISHES
It mans that eight chemicals are removed from the ingredients list, which are formaldehyde, DBP, toluene, formaldehyde resin, camphor, ethyl tosylamide, xylene and parabens. Even with removing these chemicals the nail polish is durable with high shine. We love nail polishes that are vegan, cruelty-free and gluten free.
OUR FAVORITE BRANDS
- LONDONTOWN – 9 FREE ($16) Think of a color in your head and then go to this site. The range of colors of these nail polishes is amazing! <Find out about 9 FREE>
- BUTTER LONDON– 8 FREE ($15) We love the price and highly pigmented colors. Most of all their formula is chip proof! Also, before you purchase a color, the site does a great job at showing a range of skin tones to give an idea how the color will appear on your hands.
- MISCHO BEAUTY – 8 FREE ($18) One of the most unique nail lacquer colors. Combined with a lasting nail polish formula with a smooth finish makes this brand worth every penny.
- ELLA + MILA – 5 FREE ($10.50) Besides the obvious, which is a great price. They thick formula allows for less coats, plus they have a quick dry formula. We love the simple packaging and Mommy & me sets.
- SMITH & CULT – 5 FREE ($18) Immediate attention grabber is the packaging of this brand, but their polishes are wonderful with the amazing colors.
Before you go, here are a few quick tips to remove your polish without using a super toxic nail polish remover. Remember, your skin and nails absorbs 60% of what you put on them.
3 NON-TOXIC WAYS
TO REMOVE NAIL POLISH
- Use a “natural” nail polish remover. <Organic Lavender Nail Polish Remover>
- Paint your nail with some clear nail polish and then before it dries, swipe a cotton ball over it to remove old nail polish.
- Be sure to use the Elmer’s Natural School Glue and paint the glue onto your nails. Allow the glue to dry. After the glue is dry, you can apply your base coats & nail polish. When its time to remove, simply soak your hands in warm soapy water and the polish will peel off with ease!
These are our go to polishes when we want to pamper our nails with high quality products, potent colors and safe to use on our nails. It doesn’t matter if you are looking for bold color or soft neutral tones, our list has something for everyone.