Best Ways to Naturally brush your Teeth. It seems like every time you turn on the TV or surf the internet there is a another claim that something we use daily is causing cancer. First deodorant, now toothpaste. It only reassures us that being as natural as possible helps to prevent unnecessary toxins and chemicals from being in our bodies. Our all natural journey has been such a value added tour lives. We hope you have incorporated some things in yours as well. Here are a few favorites we wanted to share…
Side note: Besides fluoride, there are other harmful ingredients in toothpaste like artificial colors and sweetness, Triclosan.
Ok, so we all know that baking soda and hydrogen peroxide are great ways to clean and whiten teeth. Here are a few others:
- Oral Irrigation or Waterpik: By using salt water or regular water to cleanse the teeth and in between the teeth. Waterpiks are said to be more thorough at cleansing than your toothbrush. At the end of the day it’s all up to preference. Which one do you think you would prefer?
- Coconut Oil: If you haven’t figured it out, we loooooooove coconut oil. It has tons and tons of uses. As far as brushing your teeth, coconut oil can be used in two different ways. You can start with oil pulling for 15 minutes <<Click here for details on Oil Pulling>> and finish with brushing. Pair up coconut oil with an essential oil or you can use it alone. With antifungal, antimicrobial and antibacterial properties, this is a great choice for cleaning your teeth and mouth.
- Natural Toothpaste: These are becoming super popular by the minute. Brands like Toms and Nature’s Gate are very popular. It seems like natural toothpastes are an acquired taste for most. One of our favorites is Lush Dirty Toothy Tabs, which has a slight mintiness. To enhance the minty-ness simply add a drop of peppermint essential oil. All you do is chew up the tablet and then take a dampened toothbrush and brush as usual. You will get a foamy, cleaning actions. These are uber excellent for travel.
- Essential Oils: Be sure the essential is GRAS status or intended for oil consumption. Peppermint and lemon essential oils are two great oils to add to your dampened toothbrush to zest up your teeth and breathe.
- Tooth Soap: We typically try to only suggest things that have been tested & tried. As of today, tooth soap is not a tried cleaning method. If you want to find out more info about tooth soap, check out Toothsoap.com.
Curious about whitening your teeth naturally? Here are a few do’s and don’t for whitening your teeth naturally.
BEST WAYS TO WHITENING TEETH
Use a probiotic tablet <<<Click here for an example>>>
Use baking soda
WORST WAYS TO WHITEN TEETH
Use activated charcoal (It can strip away your enamel and give a chalky white.)
Use too many chemical-ridden whitened store bought brands
Over whiten which can lead to teeth and gum sensitivity
Use household cleaners as teeth whiteners